Punter’s never get any credit on the field, so the only way for Viking’s punter Chris Kluwe to get some publicity is to do something off the field. Recently, former Bears and now Ravens linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo spoke out to support an initiative to legalize gay marriage in Maryland. In response to Ayanbadejo’s comments, Maryland state delegate Emmett Burns Jr. wrote a letter to Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti to quiet the linebacker’s stance (Letter to Ravens).
Chris Kluwe has advocated for a long time his belief in gay marriage and had some choice words responding to the politician’s letter. Here is a link to the detailed letter Kluwe wrote to the Maryland Legislator: Kluwe’s Response. In a tirade against the politician, Kluwe has gained my support, here are some of my favorite quotes from the letter.
- “I find it inconceivable that you are an elected official of Maryland’s state government. Your vitriolic hatred and bigotry make me ashamed and disgusted to think that you are in any way responsible for shaping policy at any level.”
- “You also come across as a narcissistic fromunda stain. What on earth would possess you to be so mind-boggingly stupid?
- “Mindfucking obscenely hypocritical starts to approach it a little bit.”
- “Holy fucking shitballs.”
- “How does gay marriage, in any way shape or form, affect your life? If gay marriage becomes legal, are you worried that all of a sudden you’ll start thinking about penis? ‘Oh shit. Gay marriage just passed. Gotta get me some of that hot dong action!”‘
- “I can assure you that gay people getting married will have zero effect on your life. They won’t come into your house and steal your children. They won’t magically turn you into a lustful cockmonster. They won’t even overthrow the government in an orgy of hedonistic debauchery…”
The letter concludes with this P.S.: “I’ve also been vocal as hell about the issue of gay marriage so you can take your ‘I know of no other NFL player who has done what Mr. Ayanbadejo is doing’ and shove it in your close-minded, totally lacking in empathy piehole and choke on it. Asshole.
All I can say is bravo Chris Kluwe, probably the last time we will hear about the Vikings for the rest of the year but this is absolutely hysterical, well done.